Dr Nabil Alsabah has always been interested in strategies. In his doctoral thesis he used AI methods to analyse the campaign strategies used by the Greeks in their wars against Persia. Now he deals with strategies to defend against cyber attacks as part of his work for Bitkom, Germany’s digital association. Company employees are the first line of defence when it comes to the strategic planning of security measures. In this interview, Alsabah explains how to prepare employees for these challenges.
His expertise is highly appreciated in ministries and many boards: As a member of the management team of eco (Association of the Internet Industry), Markus Schaffrin is also responsible for IT security. In the interview, he explains important security criteria for the cloud.
One of the most distinguished IT security research scientists in Germany, Norbert Pohlmann has been working in IT security since 1984. Meanwhile he is Professor of Information Security at the Westphalian University of Applied Sciences, where he heads the Institute for Internet Security that he founded in 2005. In this interview, Pohlmann explains how companies can identify their security risks and determine their protection needs.
Stefan Strobel, CEO of cirosec, a company specialising in IT security, was addressing the issue of AI as much as a quarter of a century ago. In this interview, he tells us what makes this technology so interesting today and how it can be exploited in the IT security sector.
Join in now and win the prize!
(1) Eligible participants may participate in the prize competition by submitting a question on the subject of IT security to the website www.it-sa.de/en/it-security4u. The prize competition organizer is NürnbergMesse GmbH.
(2) NürnbergMesse GmbH reserves the right to correct smaller errors (e.g. spelling and grammatical errors) in the submitted question upon publication without informing the participant of such corrections.
(3) The participation period is from the time of publication to 12:00 noon on 15 September 2019.
(4) Participation can only be done online.
(5) Participation is free of charge and without obligation for the participants.
(6) A participant may participate in the prize competition by submitting a post in the form of a personal question about IT security to the website www.it.sa.de/it-sicherheit4u and fulfilling the present terms and conditions of participation. Participants must participate within the time period indicated in the prize competition. The participant himself is responsible particularly for the correctness of his e-mail and postal addresses. The electronically logged entry into the prize competition at NürnbergMesse GmbH shall be determining for whether the deadline was met.
(7) Winners shall be selected after the entry deadline by means of an evaluation conducted by a jury appointed by it-sa. Please note that the selection will be based on subjective perceptions and therefore does not need to be generally valid.
(1) People 18 years and older are eligible to participate.
(2) As an essential prerequisite for participation in the prize competition, all personal information must be truthful. Otherwise, participants may be excluded from the prize competition.
(1) Employees of NürnbergMesse GmbH and participating agencies/cooperation partners, as well as their relatives, are excluded from participation.
(2) If the present terms and conditions of participation, particularly including §2 (2), are violated, NürnbergMesse GmbH reserves the right to exclude persons from the prize competition.
(3) Persons who use impermissible aids or otherwise gain advantages by means of manipulation shall be excluded from participation. In such cases, prizes may also be revoked and reclaimed.
(1) Upon entering the submission for the prize competition (texts, questions), the participant declares that he is not infringing the rights of third parties, particularly including copyrights and personal rights.
(2) If other persons were involved in the preparation or development of the participation entry, they must declare their consent to the submission and subsequent publication in the framework of the prize competition.
(1) A pair of Bose BT noise-cancelling headphones shall be awarded to one of the eligible participants.
(2) Prize winners shall be notified by NürnbergMesse GmbH by e-mail and their names may be published on the channels of it-sa (particularly including Twitter, LinkedIn). The winner expressly declares his consent to this form of publication. If the winner does not reply with his complete postal address within four weeks of the mailing of the notification, the claim to the prize shall be forfeited and a new winner will be selected by voting. The claim to the prize shall also be forfeited if it is not possible to deliver the prize within 6 months of the first prize notification for reasons for which the winner is responsible.
(3) The object presented as the prize in the context of the prize competition is not necessarily identical to the prize to be awarded. Instead, there may be differences in the model, colour, or the like.
(4) The material prize shall be delivered by NürnbergMesse GmbH or a third party authorized by NürnbergMesse GmbH to the postal address to be indicated by the winner by way of a delivery company, parcel service or postal service.
(5) If the prize cannot be delivered or only under unreasonable circumstances, the winner shall receive a substitute of equal value. The winner shall also receive a substitute of equal value if the original prize is no longer deliverable in the presented design (model change, seasonal merchandise, etc.).
(6) Payment of the prize in cash or tangible assets and the exchange or transfer of the prize to another person are not permitted. A winner may waive his prize. In this case, the next person shall take his place or another winner shall be selected under the existing terms and conditions.
(7) Complaints referring to the execution of the prize competition should be directed in writing, including the reference to the prize competition, to NürnbergMesse GmbH, Messezentrum, 90471 Nuremberg within 14 days of becoming aware of the reason for the complaint. Complaints communicated by telephone or after the stated deadline shall not be handled
NürnbergMesse GmbH reserves the right to cancel or terminate the prize competition at any time without prior announcement and without indication of reasons. NürnbergMesse GmbH shall exercise this option particularly when the proper execution of the prize competition cannot be assured for technical reasons (e.g. viruses in the computer system, manipulation or defects in the hardware and/or software) or for legal reasons. If such a termination is caused by the behaviour of a participant, NürnbergMesse GmbH may demand that this person pay compensation for damage incurred.
(1) NürnbergMesse GmbH will process the data provided to it exclusively for the purpose of conducting the prize competition (Art. 6 para. 1 letter b EU GDPR) and has engaged the agency Arrabiata Solutions GmbH to conduct the prize competition. Therefore, Arrabiata Solutions GmbH is expressly authorized to store all data and delete data when asked to do so by participants. The data will not be disclosed to other third parties.
(2) The principles of data minimization and data avoidance will be observed in that the only data that must be provided are those that NürnbergMesse GmbH necessarily requires to conduct the prize competition and notify winners, e.g. name and e-mail address. Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk (*). The IP address will also be processed as a matter of technical necessity and legal protection. Unfortunately, the prize competition cannot be conducted without the information in the mandatory fields. Without it, participation will not be possible.
(3) As an essential prerequisite for participation in the prize competition, participants must submit a question on the subject of IT security to the website www.it-sa.de/en/it-security4u and accept the valid data protection declaration and terms and conditions of participation. The participant shall be entitled at any time to revoke his consent to store his e-mail address and submitted question at firstname.lastname@example.org and therefore withdraw from the prize competition.
(4) Data shall be protected in accordance with the legal requirements (see data protection declaration).
(5) In order to protect the participants, only the first letter of the last name and no place of residence shall be indicated in the media portals of it-sa intended for publication.
(1) Upon delivering the prize, NürnbergMesse GmbH shall be released from all obligations.
(2) NürnbergMesse GmbH shall only be liable for damage or losses caused intentionally or by gross negligence or by the negligent breach of obligations that are essential for the attainment of the contract purpose on the part of NürnbergMesse GmbH or one of its vicarious agents. These limitations shall not apply to damage of life, limb and/or health or liability under the Product Liability Act. The foregoing liability limitations shall apply particularly also to damage caused by mistakes, delays or interruptions of delivery, malfunctions of technical equipment and service, incorrect contents, loss or deletion of data or viruses.
(1) If the present terms and conditions of participation include invalid provisions, the validity of the other terms and conditions shall remain unaffected thereby.
(2) German law applies. Recourse to legal action to review the drawing is excluded.
left to the largest gathering of the IT security industry.
Save the date now in your calendar: