Soliton SecureBrowser is a remote access solution that establishes connections between a remote device and web servers inside an organisations' network. A secure gateway is used to separate the remote device from the network, secure the connection and provide all necessary connectivity. The internal web servers do not have to be Internet-facing, while at the same time offering full functionality. On the client-side, users use a dedicated SecureBrowser that is only used to connect to the internal web servers. Users get access based on permission rules or Active Directory group membership and do not need to remember any URL's.
The SecureBrowser contains a document reader allowing documents to be opened on the client without the risk of data leakage. The SecureBrowser will delete all browsing data after the user terminates the session. While securely working with company data, the user can still use another browser on the client to connect to Internet-resources. If required, SecureBrowser can provide strong user and device authentication and even connect a used identity to a device. SecureBrowser is available for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS
SecureBrowser supports a number of key features, including:
- Internet access with sandboxed browsing: when users shut down the browser, all browser data is deleted. Automatically erasing of cache is also possible after a pre-set period.
- No need for VPN: the SecureBrowser creates one access route to the internal applications and uses internal DNS servers. Users can still use their personal browser for private reasons.
- Usage log: the secure gateway logs all access attempts including details about which user, when and what resources are accessed by that user. It can integrate the logging with existing logging and monitoring systems.
- Central management console: provides IT full control on settings, users and usage. IT administrators can control the access to other applications, prevent copy/paste/download of files or allow the download of files in a dedicated secure environment.
- Built-in document viewer: on Windows, iOS and Android devices, Microsoft Office-documents, PDF files, images and a selection of other files are displayed in a secure area and automatically deleted after shutting down the browser.
- Comfortable browsing: including tab browsing for using multiple web pages, searching on the address bar, corporate common/ personal bookmark, copy/paste only possible inside the Secure Browser, full screen and gesture control (iOS/Android）
- Complementary to Mobile Device Management (MDM): companies using MDM solutions can push the SecureBrowser as the default mobile browser on devices for an extra layer of security
SecureFile enables the secure access, download and upload of files from a PC, mobile device or tablet to the internal file server via the secure browser. It does this by creating a web-based view on internal file repositories, like a Windows-server. SecureFile also enables a private file repository for each user. Integrating SecureFile does not require any changes to the internal servers, the access rights of the target server will be effective.