The Cloud Baselining is a workshop series of about four to seven workshops, which structures and moderates different topics of a customer to formulate a status quo and integrates requirements as well as goals.
Thus, in the context of the cloud, a common picture of the upcoming steps and the current pain points is formulated, which either customers can not create themselves or interests are so far apart that internal stakeholders are not able to bring them together.
Goals that we pursue together:
A shared, documented view of the customer-specific challenges, pain points and blockages and the development of a common target image to exploit cloud potential or to expand cloud usage.
Results that we develop together:
- Road map at task level, often 6-18 months
- formulated action items that need to be addressed, with appropriate effort estimation and necessary roles
- Recommendation of the order of the tasks and steps to be taken beforehand or removal of the blocking points
How do I know that Cloud Baselining is needed?
- Concerns, problems and reasons have been discussed and advanced for months without being started
- Security and compliance requirements are discussed theoretically without deriving concrete measures
- Stakeholders and departments make demands on a central IT, but this can or may not meet the requirements, it forms a shadow IT
- The dialogue between IT and IT consumers is not solution-oriented or disruptive
- Cloud is viewed from a purely technical perspective and more stakeholders are blocking the cloud initiatives
- Further customer-specific challenges