WrappingBox enables secure remote working on Microsoft Windows platforms. It does not require server-based computing or virtual desktop infrastructures. WrappingBox presents a protected company desktop that is running on the local computer. It launches locally installed applications in a ‘wrapped mode’; applications run protected and separated from the resources of the local computer. Data stored on the local computer is automatically encrypted. When closing WrappingBox, it requests to delete, upload the file to the company server or store the file inside the WrappingBox.
Using WrappingBox, companies can now only use the local computer resources and applications without the risk of losing data. Users can download files from the company servers, where they can work with them as usual, both online and offline. The embedded Soliton Secure Browser pro allows users to securely access internal company resources.
WrappingBox has the following key features:
- Presents a company-workspace to users in the form of a familiar-looking desktop with applications the user already knows from his local computer
- Applications that are launched from the protected workspace are automatically wrapped; applications have no access to the local file system, the registry, the clipboard and the network. Limited access can be defined following any company policies.
- Local disk drives are available to the applications. Files cannot be opened or copied to the WrappingBox. Data that is written to a local drive are stored inside the WrappingBox. All information that is (temporarily) stored inside the WrappingBox is transparently encrypted. This data cannot be accessed from outside the WrappingBox and valuable company information cannot be leaked
- Connects to the company Secure Gateway if the user is on-line. Users can easily download and upload company documents to and from the WrappingBox for temporary local storage and/or editing.
- When closing the WrappingBox, policies define what the user can do with the company data. Documents can be uploaded to a company file server, temporarily stored inside the WrappingBox for offline use, or deleted
- While online, the user can use the embedded SecureBrowser Pro to access internal company web resources. For more details please see section Embedded Options.
- Built-in support for two-factor authentication using user certificates or smartcards.
- Price winning and patented technology prevents the data loss through COM (Component Object Model)
* patent nr. 6104447
- Application with a small footprint, that can be installed and easily removed from a users' pc. Clean install, does not interfere with the local operating system or applications
- Pre-registration of the most widely used applications such as Microsoft OfficeTM and Adobe ReaderTM
- Saves on implementing and managing a server-based computing platform or virtual desktop infrastructure and any additional licenses that may be required
For more information please visit www.solitonsystems.com