Securely retain the long-term probative value of electronic documents in archives with official timestamps
digiSeal® archive automatically ensures the long-term management of electronic documents in conjunction with an archive system. In line with technical advances, the strength and security of the cryptographic algorithms that provide the basis for electronic signatures gradually diminish over time. Therefore, in order to ensure the long-term probative value of electronic documents such as patient files electronic signatures must be regularly renewed using up-to-date, suitable algorithms.
Long-term management with intelligent hash tree process and timestamp
For renewing electronic signatures digiSeal® archive utilises accredited timestamps with algorithms that the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) confirms are suitable and secure. By bundling the hash values in a hash tree, the documents are represented by a single hash value that is furnished with a timestamp. This makes it possible to renew all signatures while retaining the probative value of the documents – with minimum timestamp costs.
- civil registers
- land registers
- patent applications
- building and construction drawings
Features at a glance:
- ensures the legally compliant, long-term probative value of electronic documents
- basis: international LTANS/ERS standard & ArchiSig
- rapid processing of large document volumes thanks to efficient hash tree process
- automatic background service
- application of timestamps from accredited providers, e.g. D-TRUST (subsidiary of Federal Printing Office / Bundesdruckerei)
Further information: http://www.secrypt.de/en/products/digiseal-archive/