Our approach to Spear Phishing:
ThreatQ simplifies the process of parsing and analyzing spear phish emails for prevention and response. With a centralized Threat Library that aggregates all the external threat data organizations subscribe to along with internal threat and event data for context and relevance, analysts are in a position to begin to analyze and determine which emails to focus on.
Recipients of suspicious emails forward the email to an inbox that ThreatQ monitors continuously. Comparing indicators from the email against the data in the Threat Library, ThreatQ determines high risk emails versus low risk, allowing prioritization and noise reduction.
On high-priority items, ThreatQ automatically performs rear-view mirror searches on email logs using SMTP-specific IOCs – email subject, email sender, email filename/attachments. Analysts are able to identify spear phish attacks that might have fallen through the cracks because they were not identified as malicious at the time.
Going a step further, analysts can query to identify all the spear phish recipients and then overlap those findings with vulnerability scan results to determine the scope and help accelerate response and containment.
- Triage spear phish faster and more effectively based on analyst familiarity of adversary TTPs.
- Improved spear phishing attribution.
- Increased understanding of the environment and susceptibility to spear phish attacks.
- Proactive protection against spear phishing attacks.
Product videoPlay video
Other products from
Spear Phishing Use Case is assigned to following product groups:
- Products and Solutions for IT Security (247)
- APT protection (131)
- Banking (IT security solutions) (204)
- BSI IT baseline protection (products and services) (166)
- CIP - Critical Infrastructure Protection (security solutions) (270)
- Computer emergency response team (CERT) (61)
- Counter-intelligence (80)
- Early warning for IT (91)
- Health services (IT security solutions) (137)
- Industrial IT security (294)
- Managed security services (296)
- Risk analysis and management (179)
- Security management (175)
- Threat analyses (268)
- Vulnerabitlity and patch management (130)
- IT security rooms and cabinets (14)
- Data center operation (68)
- Insurance IT security (35)