With the NetAttest EPS series network administrators can easily implement network access control. Based on the IEEE 802.1X standard the NetAttest EPS series is an all-in-one port-based network access control solution that acts as an authentication and authorization server. It deploys certificates to authenticate users and devices, and to authorize users access to their permitted network resources. The NetAttest EPS series protect the company’s network and its elements from unauthorized access and breaches that may lead to the loss of data.
The NetAttest EPS series supports a number of key features, including:
- Allin-one appliance: the NetAttest EPS embeds features for optimum administering of security functions;
- Conducts user requests to access company’s resources and provides authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) services
- The build-in RADIUS server provides multiple EAP authentication methods including MAC address, One-Time Passwords (OTP) or certificate-based authentication, etc.
- Acts as a dedicated certificate authority (CA) issuing and managing certificates. It can also act as a subordinate CA which integrates into an existing Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- IEEE 802.1X WLAN access control: with the NetAttest EPS network administrators can manage the access to the WLAN securely. Guests, temporary employees or contractors can use the selfservice portal to request temporary access to the WiFi. When authenticated the guest user is automatically directed to the right network resources. The NetAttest EPS also provides an internal user database for storing temporary employees or contractors.
- Easy to backup and restore: Backup takes less than 20 seconds and a full restore approximately 100 seconds. The full restore includes the CA function and the RADIUS function.
- Easy to make redundant installations: In case of a redundant configuration the RADIUS server on both units are active. The network access servers require configuration to use the first NetAttest EPS unit as the primary RADIUS server and the second unit as the secondary RADIUS server. The full configuration, including the CA configuration, is automatically shared daily.
For more information please visit www.solitonsystems.com