Self-learns, self-defends – in real time
Darktrace Antigena is an active, self-defence product that extends Darktrace’s core power of detection, acting as digital antibodies within the Enterprise Immune System.
As the human immune system produces antibodies to identify and neutralize potential threats, Darktrace’s Enterprise Immune System technology produces an Antigena response to automatically defend against potential threats in real time.
As such, Darktrace Antigena is a unique product, complementing Darktrace’s core detection capability. It allows critical, mitigating action to be taken, without human intervention – and faster than any security team can respond. Depending on the severity of the anomalous activity detected by Darktrace, these responses could involve:
- Stopping or slowing down activity related to a specific threat
- Quarantining people, systems or devices
- Marking specific pieces of content for further investigation or tracking
Action taken by Darktrace is highly targeted, thanks to the unique ability of the Enterprise Immune System to detect genuine threats, without false positives. Darktrace Antigena simply enforces the normal ‘pattern of life’ of a device or user, without causing unnecessary and disruptive side-effects on business operations.
Darktrace Antigena is uniquely capable of:
- Directly inoculating against a full range of threats
- Preventing, slowing or disrupting activity in real time
- Stopping threats before they spread
Antigena is available in three modules:
- Antigena Internet — regulates user and machine access to the internet and beyond
- Antigena Communication — regulates email, chat and other messaging protocols
- Antigena Network — regulates machine and network connectivity, and user access permissions
Darktrace Antigena modules are deployed as physical appliances, complementing the core Enterprise Immune System appliance. They can also interface with Software Defined Networks (SDN) and Active Directory, and are fully configurable.