PKI - Public key infrastructure
Do you plan to replace the password login with an access with chip card? Do you want to avoid that important e-mails can be read by unauthorized parties? Are you looking for a suitable data encryption with personal keys?
Public key infrastructures are the basis of most modern encryption and authentication solutions. The personal key to be kept secret is usually stored on a personal, PIN-protected chip card (smart card), the associated public key is distributed via a directory service such as Active Directory (AD).
The keys are issued, certified, distributed and blocked by a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI). Our support for the design, construction and operation of such infrastructure includes the following services:
- Analysis of requirements: We compile all relevant technical, legal, organizational and company-specific requirements for the design and operation of a public key infrastructure with you.
- Selection of technology: Based on the results of the requirements analysis, we help to preselect PKI core components, client components (applications, plug-ins, etc.), recommended middleware, readers and card systems.
- Integration of technology: We help to integrate PKI into your existing applications and IT infrastructure.
- PKI Concept: We develop an overall concept for your PKI (policies, certificate formats, validity model, operational concept, emergency plan, registration and revocation processes, rollout and application integration).
- Piloting and operation: We prepare and evaluate a pilot operation and support the migration into live operation.