Identification of Risky Endpoints and their Targeted Management with Rapid7 Nexpose and Insight-VM
microCAT uses products from Rapid7 to identify and remedy vulnerabilities because these products are providing an up to date information about which endpoint is currently posing the highest risk for your network. The parameters used to provide you with this information are:
- How old is the vulnerability?
- Is there a patch available?
- Does the vulnerability pose a high or low risk for the application?
- Can the vulnerability easily be exploited for an attack?
- Are there already known exploits or is there even a lot of maleware exploiting it?
- Is the endpoint important for your it-operation?
Different from just displaying a vulnerability by just highlighting a match with a database of Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) Rapid7 builds a unique risk factor for each system and provides you with guidance for remediation by outlining the nature of the problem and hinting you to the sources of patches and hotfixes.
The software comes as perpetual offering (Nexpose) as well as a SaaS offering (Insight-VM). Both options are demanding only limited implementation time thus delivering a quick return of investment.
Clients with large IT-environments are appreciating the feature to aggregate patch requirements into projects and delegate duties to distinct employees. Environments with geographical- or organizational distribution will benefit from a clear communication of action items avoiding time consuming mail or phone coordination.
- Vulnerability scanner for an unlimited number of IP addresses
- Run one scan for multiple compliance reports
- Automatic vulnerability updates and Microsoft Patch Tuesday vulnerability updates
- Scan scheduling and alerting
- PCI compliance
- Advanced report and scan customization
- Open API™ and third-party Integrations
- Policy manager
- Virtual scanning (Vmware NSX)
- Dynamic discovery scanning (Vmware, Mobile)
- Distributed scanning
- Adaptive Security with automated actions
- Dynamic, Live Dashboards with 50+ Cards
- Endpoint Agents*
- Live data querying*
- AWS Support
- Microsoft Azure Support
- Exception management
- Dynamic asset groups and tagging
- Report templates and uploading
- Integrated vulnerability validation with Metasploit
- Patch Supersedence
- Custom tags and system criticality tags
- Executive and remediation reporting
- User role customization
- Remediation Projects*
- Live assignment of remediation duties*
- In-product tracking of remediation progress*
- Ticketing integrations (API)
- Ticketing integrations (In-Product)*
- (Items marked with a * are only available in Insight-VM)
Penetration testing software to help you act like the attacker
Attackers are always developing new exploits and attack methods—Metasploit penetration testing software helps you use their own weapons against them. Utilizing an ever-growing database of exploits, you can safely simulate real-world attacks on your network to train your security team to spot and stop the real thing.
- Get access to real-world exploits via the Metasploit Framework, maintained by 100,000+ contributors and users
- Automatically correlate the right exploits to the right vulnerabilities—just import your assets and let Metasploit Pro do the rest
- Filter out dangerous exploits to enable anyone to conduct a safe penetration test, regardless of experience
- Test user awareness with intuitive phishing and USB drop campaign wizards
- Utilize antivirus evasion techniques, just like hackers do, as well as post-exploitation modules to dive further into a network after an initial breach
- Integrate Metasploit with InsightVM to create the only closed-loop penetration testing and vulnerability management workflow and prioritize what matters most
- Simulate every step in the kill chain to ensure your incident detection and response team can catch attackers at any stage