IT Security Suite SEAL Kit for Linux and cloud computing
Modular build up software offers a wide range of options for multifactorial testing and vulnerability analysis
Berlin, September 2018. With SEAL Kit, Gronau IT Cloud Computing presents the first comprehensive product range of flexible security software. Aim of the software is to uncover security gaps in IT systems, detect hacker attacks and ensure data protection compliance. The tools are modular configurable, expandable – appropriate for their specific use.
SEAL Kit enables the industry to comply with legal requirements more easily, respectively in the first place, within an economically viable framework. With this tool, IT employees fulfil the recording obligations according to various regulations; based on the state of the art and science. The 4-step PDCA cycle Plan, Do, Check, Act has an optimizing effect on all business processes and product developments. As an open source application, the development processes run quickly and are always optimally adapted to the customer's challenges. The automation of the processes eliminates sources of error, so in the end a higher level of security is achieved despite savings.
A total of six tools are used within the suite to anchor Compliance, Privacy and Security as Services in companies:
1) SEAL Pen Test is an automatic penetration test that shows security weaknesses in implementation or software development. As a rule, it does not only uncover individual weak points, but also their causes.
2) SEAL Vul Scan is a tool for vulnerability analysis of applications running on Linux or cloud computing. Web products such as WordPress or Apache serve as examples. The application detects the use of insecure devices or services, errors in their configuration or incorrect application of password policies.
3) SEAL SIMP is an open source management platform for Linux structures and cloud computing. It is based on a fully automated and extensively tested framework. This enables infrastructures to be expanded or new ones to be set up. SIMP is based on the mature Puppet product suite and is designed for scalability, flexibility and compliance.
4) SEAL GDPR is a data protection module which reads out and audits information about the password policy, based on technical measures.
5) SEAL Container Sec is an open source application that checks Docker Containers for security, compliance and malware.
6) SEAL SIEM Monster is an open source application that analyzes protocols such as logs. The tool detects anomalies and patterns and identifies hacker attacks. The product can be quickly rolled out to an existing organization both locally in the customer's data center via VM images and via Amazon AWS AMI images. SIEM Monster comes with a supporting build and maintenance documentation that other open source solutions lack.
SEAL Kit as mainstream solution
In addition to developers and administrators, IT compliance officers and data protectors in accordance with DSGVO, companies with KRITIS structures in particular will benefit from the new toolbar. Highly sensitive data, such as those found in the financial sector, healthcare and energy sectors, for example, receive the best possible protection according to the broad range of products that can be individually assembled. Medium-sized companies, that normally employ only one or two people in the IT sector, benefit from the time and personnel savings offered by the product range, as it works automatically for individual customer situations.