Managing risks safely.
Risk management comprises the identification, assessment and monitoring of risks. The first task is to evaluate the degree of risk to the IT systems in your company and to evaluate the probability of occurrence.
Measures for reduction are then developed. Or individual risks with a low probability of occurrence are borne. Risks are transferred to third parties through other measures, e.g. insurance or transfers.
The process of risk management in six steps:
- What are the risks?
Risks are identified, described and their causes and effects determined.
- What is the probability of occurrence?
The probability of occurrence and possible effects are determined on the basis of the analysis.
- How is the risk to be assessed?
Risks are compared with defined criteria from standards and norms.
- How can the risk be controlled or managed?
Measures to reduce the probability of occurrence are determined in order to make consequences manageable.
- How can the risk be monitored?
Parameters for current risks (risk indicators) are constantly monitored.
- How can the risk of the worst-case scenario Documentation of all processes for risk analysis and assessment is provided.
Everything you need to know at a glance:
- identify, evaluate and monitor risks
- analysis of the identified risks with regard to the probability of occurrence
- introduction of risk management processes crisis management measures