The NetAttest LAP network access control solutions act as a detector and blocker preventing unauthorized devices from using network resources. The NetAttest LAP series continuously scans all devices in the network by monitoring their ARP- and DHCP-requests and immediately notifies the IT administrator of an unknown device trying to connect to the network.
Features and benefits
The NetAttest LAP Series supports a number of key features, including:
- Continuous scanning of devices: the NetAttest LAP series continuously scans all devices in the network by monitoring their ARP- and DHCP-requests.
- Features easy to set up operations: The NetAttest LAP series does not require any change to the network infrastructure and utilizes a simple 3-step configuration.
- Learning mode: automatically detects all existing network devices, such as PCs, tablets, smartphones and IoT devices, and registers them to the whitelist. The whitelist supports manual modification and offers the possibility to export and import the whitelist from third party applications.
- Jamming mode: Set the NetAttest LAP series in jamming mode manually or automatically after a specified period. In jamming mode, the NetAttest LAP series blocks all unregistered devices from using the network resources. It isolates the unknown device by redirecting all network traffic originated from the unknown device to the NetAttest LAP. At the same time, the network traffic directed to the unknown device is redirected preventing it to communicate with any network resource. The redirected traffic can be ignored or forwarded to a configurable landing page for further inspection.
- Automatic notification: when a new device connects to the network, the IT administrator immediately receives an email notification and can allow the unknown device to connect to the network.
- Self-registration: Users of unregistered devices can be allowed to submit a request form to get access to the network. The request form is forwarded to the IT administrator who can add the device to the white list.
The NetAttest LAP can be integrated with the NetAttest LAP Manager which provides a central list of network events and advanced search- and filtering. The NetAttest LAP Manager can manage 1,000 NetAttest LAP’s and allows to define management groups enabling settings to be applied to multiple NetAttest LAP units simultaneously. It also includes a central repository for firmware allowing any firmware updates to be pushed to individual NetAttest LAP units.