Avi Vantage is a software load balancing platform comprised of two primary systems components: Avi Controller and Avi Service Engines.
Avi Controller: The central controller for the elastic application services fabric consisting of distributed Avi Service Engines. The Avi Controller:
- Provides a single point of management for all load balancers deployed across the environment.
- Integrates with several private and public cloud platforms such as OpenStack, VMware, and Amazon AWS to automate application networking services.
- Analyzes real-time telemetry data from all Avi SEs to provide rich application performance, security, and end-user insights - simplifies troubleshooting.
- Provides visibility to applications and their topology, displays microservices dependency graphs
- Makes intelligent traffic management and autoscaling decisions based on real time traffic patterns
- Provides REST APIs to automate all application networking functions
Avi Service Engine: The data plane component of the platform that delivers load balancing, security, application acceleration and performance monitoring services. Avi Service Engines:
- Run on any bare metal server, virtual machine, or container
- Deliver load balancing on per-app or per-tenant basis
- Send real time application telemetry continuously to the Avi Controller
Are automatically scaled up or scaled down by the Avi Controller