ForeScout delivers pervasive network security by allowing organizations to continuously monitor and mitigate security exposures and cyber attacks. The company’s CounterACT™ appliance dynamically identifies and assesses network users, endpoints and applications to provide visibility, intelligence and policy-based mitigation of security issues. ForeScout’s open ControlFabric™ technology allows a broad range of IT security products and management systems to share information and automate remediation actions.
Enterprise IT Security Challenges
One challenge for today’s enterprise is how to provide greater network accessibility while enforcing security standards. Attempting to maintain security policies for various types of devices and users connecting through numerous access mechanisms can be very difficult without more automated intelligence and management.
Another challenge is how to make better use of traditional IT security systems given today’s dynamic and complex network and an evolving threat landscape. Traditional IT controls are based on the reliance on endpoint security software, periodic vulnerability scans, and multitude of security products. This defense-in-depth model is a best practice, but results in a huge amount of data and often-isolated controls. When viewed as a whole, this conventional approach exhibits a number of problems such as:
- Inadequate visibility and control over all endpoints on the network, especially BYOD devices
- Lack of real-time monitoring and continuous diagnostics
- Lack of sharing of information between security products, diminishing control context
- Lack of automation to respond quickly to exposures and to contain advanced threats
The Answer – ForeScout CounterACT and ControlFabric
ForeScout CounterACT is a proven, enterprise-scale network security solution that has been adopted by over 1500 enterprises and government organizations. CounterACT natively addresses the first two problems (real-time visibility and continuous monitoring) by identifying and assessing network users, endpoints and applications in real-time. Armed with this intelligence, CounterACT lets the organization easily phase-in powerful network and endpoint security policies.
Out-of-the-box, ForeScout CounterACT allows IT organizations to readily understand and control how users, systems and devices, including mobile devices and VMs, access network resources and applications. Once you configure pre-defined and custom security policies within CounterACT, the system automatically:
- enforces network access policy
- controls mobile and personal device access
- eliminates network intrusion threats
- finds and fixes gaps in endpoint security
- ForeScout’s CounterACT is fast, flexible and easy for administrators to deploy, manage and maintain. Everything is contained within a single appliance that seamlessly integrates into your existing environment, offering day-one results with no changes to your network
EventsHere you will find all the lectures and events of the exhibitor ForeScout Technologies Inc., which take place as part of the it-sa program. Please note, that you may have to pay for some lectures.
ForeScout Technologies Inc. offers you products from these product groups:
- Cloud (computing) security (241)
- Compliance/GRC (products and services) (174)
- Device management (50)
- Endpoint Security (139)
- Industrial IT security (182)
- Intrusion detection/prevention (106)
- Inventory management (38)
- Mobile security (175)
- Network Access Control (NAC) (68)
- Vulnerabitlity and patch management (90)