HID Global’s pivCLASS Government Solutions allow for PIV enablement of existing PACS through a modular approach that is ideal for a phased transition and eliminates the need to rip-and-replace existing infrastructures.
pivCLASS solutions include multiple software applications that support enabling physical access control systems to use FIPS 201 PKI-based smart cards. Deploying the pivCLASS Registration Engine, pivCLASS Certificate Manager and pivCLASS Readers configured for Wiegand mode as an initial phase allows for the simultaneous use of PIV and legacy credentials (including proximity, iCLASS®, and other technologies).
Strong authentication can be added in a second phase on a door-by-door basis, as needed. This is accomplished by deploying pivCLASS Authentication Modules along with pivCLASS Reader Services, and reconfiguring the pivCLASS readers in the field.
- Solution has been fully tested, end-to-end, by GSA
- Interoperable with virtually every PACS
- Genuine HID products and solutions ensure the highest level of quality and interoperability.
- Simultaneous support for legacy cards (iCLASS, HID Prox and other technologies) and PIV cards during periods of transition
- Multiple reader form factors to choose from: R10, R15, R40, RK40, RKCL40 and RKCLB40
- Supports multiple FIPS 201 cards including: PIV, PIV-I, CAC, CIV, TWIC and FRAC