SecuLution is not an Anti-Virus product. SecuLution is a state-of-the-art endpoint security solution with fine-grained rights management that provides much more than just protecting the computer from malicious software. Nevertheless, we are often asked to compare it to an antivirus solution.
A brief summary:
Since the first malicious software in the 1970s, IT security products have been trying to detect and prevent malware by means of signatures or behavioral patterns (Anti-Virus). Since malware contains specific adjustments to stay undetected, Virus-Scanners have lost effectiveness dramatically. Because a blacklist can only prevent what is already known - e.g a certain malicious program or a certain behavior. If the malicious program and its behavior are not known to the Anti-Virus software, it can cause unhindered damage to the network. In fact hundreds of networks become victims of attacks by malicious software every day, despite the administrators’ use of state-of-the-art malware detection software, up-to-date blacklists (signature lists), and complex behavior-based analyses.
The number of successful attacks has been growing steadily for years, as the Identity Theft Resource Center surveys show since 2005.
The secure and reliable protection against any unwanted software is Whitelisting. While Anti-Virus software defines what is forbidden (blacklist) and allows everything unknown, the Whitelist does exactly the opposite:It defines trustworthy software. Everything else can not be started.This automatically defeats malicious software.
This protection can not be overcome by constant modification of the malicious code because cryptographic methods can not be used to create malware which carries the hash (fingerprint) of software that is defined as trustworthy.
Other products from
SecuLution Application Whitelist is assigned to following product groups:
- Access protection (69)
- Products and Solutions for IT Security (37)
- Anti-virus and malware protection (118)
- Application security (120)
- CIP - Critical Infrastructure Protection (security solutions) (141)
- Cloud (computing) security (225)
- Data leakage/loss prevention (104)
- Device management (57)
- Early warning for IT (49)
- Endpoint Security (130)
- Health services (IT security solutions) (110)
- Industrial IT security (181)
- Intrusion detection/prevention (134)
- Mobile security services (174)
- User (rights) administration (76)
- Vulnerabitlity and patch management (78)