The NPS-400 and NP-5 appliances are 1U/1.5RU systems that offer flexible, intelligent and programmable data-plane processing at very high performance for implementing a smart TOR and a variety of network appliances, based on EZchip's NPS-400 and NP-5/NP-4 network processors. They provide high throughput, fully programmable packet processing at all 7 layers as well as a variety of hardware accelerators for implementing a wide array of network applications for data centers and telecom networks. The systems offer 1, 10, 40 and 100GbE network interfaces, an embedded CPU for control-plane functions and a variety of carrier-grade high-availability features.
Mellanox’s NPS Smart SDN/NFV TOR/Appliance is a high-availability TOR or appliance Development Platform, based on the NPS-400™ network processor. It provides highspeed, fully programmable packet processing at all 7 layers as well as a variety of hardware accelerators for implementing a wide array of network applications for data centers and telecom networks.
Mellanox’s NPS-400 provides 400Gbps, C programmable, data-plane processing. A COM Express CPU provides the control plane processing utilizing a high bandwidth 8Gbps PCIe bus for data transactions with the network processor.
• High-performance, programmable pizza box
• Compact 1RU, stand-alone or 19” rackmountable
• High-availability, hot-swappable power supplies and fans (front-to-rear airflow) with redundancy
• Two models with flexible network interface options
• NPS-400 400Gbps network processor for data plane processing
• C-programmable 7-layer processing on data plane Linux® OS
• Integrated traffic management
• 200Gbps IPsec support
• Up to 200Gbps DPI for application awareness and regex content filtering
• Large flow and ACL tables with support for millions of entries
• 24GB DDR4 2400 SDRAM (48 x 4Gb)
• Debug LAN port
• COM Express Type 6 module with Intel® 4th Gen
• Core i7 for control-plane functionality
• 64Gbps or 8 Gbps PCIe data path to NPS, depending upon model
• 8GB DDR3L 1600 memory
• 1GbE port RJ-45, RS-232 console port over USB, general USB
• Knowledge-based processor / TCAM on 64 lane model only