Organisations can make use of the Common Criteria (CC) in order to get assurance in the security features of an IT product. TÜViT checks the product against this standard and assists the company up to the final certification of the product by a national certification body (e.g. the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI)).
With more than 40 licensed evaluators and way over 400 successful performed evaluations, TÜViT is one of the largest and most experienced evaluation bodies for CC worldwide. The products that can be evaluated vary from pure software components (firewalls, database systems etc.) through smart card components (smart card reader, smart card OS, etc.) up to pure hardware evaluations (smart card ICs, ASICs, etc.). New technologies such as biometrics, smart metering, smart grid, automotive etc. are within the scope of the evaluation body and can therefore be evaluated by TÜViT against the CC.
In addition to CC certification in Germany by the Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) TÜViT also offers the opportunity of certification in Japan by IPA (Information-technology Promotion Agency).
TÜViT performs CC evaluations of almost all IT components and products within a reasonable time and at reasonable cost, in particular for higher evaluation levels (EAL4 and higher).
- Evaluation services even for higher evaluation assurance levels (EAL4 and higher)
- Qualified support before and during the evaluation procedure
- Unique scoping workshop concept to identify your business goals and ways to achieve them
- International recognition of the evaluation results following BSI certification
- Evaluation under the German (BSI) or the Japanese (JISEC) scheme is possible
- Many years of experience based on more than 400 national and international projects