Secure Internal Email Communication with totemomail® Internal Encryption
totemomail® Internal Encryption is an innovative FIPS 140-2-validated module that protects sensitive emails within an organization’s network all the way from sender to recipient – neither participant requires additional software nor plug-ins for email clients.
In many cases, it also makes sense to use encryption in internal email communication. It may be necessary to keep information private from third parties like nosy administrators or other employees. For example, this is the case when the HR department sends an email with personal information on an employee or when board members exchange sensitive company information.
totemomail® Internal Encryption takes care of this often neglected aspect of secure email communication. The innovative technology is patent pending for international protection. What’s more, it is the only solution of its kind that does not require you to install plug-ins or additional software components.
The solution is able to encrypt messages not only on workstations and laptops, but also on smartphones and tablets. Accordingly, companies protecting their emails with totemomail® Internal Encryption are thoroughly prepared for BYOD strategies.
Combined with totemomail® Encryption Gateway, totemomail® Internal Encryption becomes the high-performing and innovative hybrid solution totemomail® Hybrid Encryption, the right solution for encrypting emails end-to-end from the initial sender right to the recipient.
- Exchange of encrypted emails within the company’s own network, using S/MIME
- Security and cost-efficiency due to high level of automation and ease of use
- Central encryption and decryption of messages at the gateway
- Central definition and application of security policies and compliance standards
- Investment protection and strategic freedom through numerous interfaces with third-party systems
- Central security checks such as virus control, content scanning, anti-spam protection, etc.
- Easy integration into existing IT infrastructure
- No installation of specific email clients or plug-ins necessary – neither for co-workers nor external communication partners
- Graphical user interface for administration console
- Granular definition of user roles
- No user training necessary due to transparent handling
- Automatic generation and management of personal certificates
- Secure and flexible communication with internal and external partners
- Work processes and software remain unaffected by implementation, no need to learn new software program
- Consistent observance of security policies and compliance standards