VULCOM is a vulnerability management software that is designed by HACKNER Security Intelligence to help companies combine and actively manage automated and manual security checks of their IT-Infrastructure, with the option to continuously integrate these results automatically in your risk management software.
Vulnerability scans can help detecting basic security problems in the company’s network with only little effort. Various tools exist and each tool has its own strengths. VULCOM is a solution to
- manage different scan products (Nessus Pro, Nexpose, OpenVAS, etc.) in one interface,
- actually manage the execution of so-called scan agents throughout the whole enterprise, and
- combine all the results in one place.
In contrast to other products, VULCOM has
- not only been designed to aggregate the results,
- but also to correlate vulnerabilities,
- filter out duplicates,
- create meaningful information out of rather technical findings, and
- and actively inform about new risks identified during an automated scan.
To provide understandable results that are interesting to management as well as technicians, HACKNER Security Intelligence created a database with over one thousand vulnerabilities that were put together from the experience of hundreds of manual penetration tests since the foundation of the company.
Many companies do have their own risk management software, which they use to track company risks on a business level. Reassessing these risks based on periodic vulnerability and penetration testing results is challenging and time consuming and, in most cases, this does not provide a complete audit trail of the decision making process.
VULCOM, however, offers an easy way to overcome these problems by automatically incorporating the vulnerability and penetration testing results into your risk management software.
This does not only cut in half the time used to integrate results into existing systems, but it also enables you to keep your risk management up-to-date without any additional effort.